P. (250) 656-3486
107-2360 Beacon Ave
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
I am so proud to present this totally renovated open concept one bedroom - with a "wow" factor! New kitchen design includes quartz countertop and all new appliances - with the dining/living area open to the kitchen so you can entertain while preparing snacks. You will appreciate the large bedroom with walk-through closet to the amazing 5 piece bath with soaker tub, linen closet, quartz counter, lots of cupboa...
Great location - at the end of a no-thru street, across from the Sidney Library and Wellness Park, and a short walk to Sidney. Entrance upstairs to the main living area are 2 bedrooms, 4 piece bath, large living room, dining room, Kitchen with access to a Sunroom and stairs to the back yard. The main entry level has a 755 sq. ft. self-contained studio with a private patio. You will appreciate the large fenc...
The only one bedroom corner unit on the Fifth Floor with a large wrap-around balcony facing west and north allowing for very nice views of the Sea and Marina! The unique raised living room allows you to take advantage of the views plus defines the living room from the dining area - which is great for entertaining; large Kitchen, with eating area, and large window with views to the the west; bedroom has an ama...
There may be times you want to enjoy nature without having to venture outdoors and you will be so glad you chose this one-of-a-kind home designed to bring the outdoors inside with lots of windows to enjoy natural surroundings while maintaining privacy.The use of Teak and Oak gives this home warmth, 11 skylights give brightness and cedar decking gives unlimited hours of enjoyment. 4 bedrooms (primary on main),...
Nothing to do but move in and enjoy this lovely home! Separation of bedrooms from main living area is appealing to a growing family with 3 bedrooms on the upper level – including 4 piece ensuite and 4 piece bath. Main level entry, with 2 piece powder room, and bright open kitchen is very impressive – from concrete counter tops to hardwood flooring – complete with Ikea kitchen, eating area, stainless steel app...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
I began my real estate career in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in 1988 and joined NRS - Sidney in 1990. I moved to Sutton Group -West Coast Realty in 1991 and left to join Pemberton Holmes in the Sidney office at the end of April 2017.
I am a firm believer in continuing education, am an Associate Broker and have my FRI designation (Fellow of the Real Estate Institute).
I am very fortunate to have met many wonderful clients during my career who have, in turn, referred me to their friends and families. I believe in the professional approach to real estate, work hard for my clients, put their needs first and am always available to answer any questions and/or offer them assistance.