P. (250) 656-3486
107-2360 Beacon Ave
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
Investment opportunity! This 3rd-floor west-facing condo offers open -concept living, 9-foot ceilings, insuite-laundry, big windows enhancing this already bright unit along with great separation with the master and guest bedroom at opposite ends. The location is superb, tucked in the back of the complex away from the street with a lovely west-facing balcony. Rentals and pets allowed(no size restrictions for d...Listed by RE/MAX GENERATION
There are so many reasons to view this wonderful home, besides being a corner unit with a south facing private patio! The primary bedroom has a walk-through closet (with organizers and dressing mirrors) to a full 4 piece ensuite plus there is another full 4 piece bath and bedroom for your guests. Livingroom has a corner natural gas fireplace to warm yourself on a chilly evening; sliders to the south facing ...
Rarely is a 2 bed 2 bath Penthouse offered for sale in the Landmark, a steel and concrete building downtown Sidney. Accessed by a secured elevator and, with only 3 Penthouses in the East Tower, you will appreciate the uniqueness of this home. The large patio is a great area to relax while watching the Ocean and Marina activity and the floor to ceiling windows, with sliders, allow for easy access to the patio...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
I was raised in a family of 6 children and was taught to work hard, do the best I could and always work honestly and ethically. I was very fortunate to have my Grandfather live with us in his later years - a man I truly admired who was always there to listen and, in his quiet way, taught me to treat others as I would want to be treated – but do it first. In honour of my Grandfather, and in keeping with the way I was raised, I have always tried to follow this one simple rule in life.
Education, and staying current on changes in the real estate industry is very important in representing, and providing. the best service to my clients. My FRI (Fellow of the Real Estate Institute) and Associate Broker designations plus membership in the Real Estate Institute of Canada and Better Business Bureau are part of my education achievements.
I love my job and have been very fortunate to have met so many wonderful people who have referred me to their family and friends. I am very proud to have represented three generations in their real estate moves during my 34 years in real estate and look forward to continuing to meeting and representing both past, present and future clients in the years ahead.